62 is how many banisters we have over three flights of stairs. After my wake up moment last week I have managed to get my DIY groove back and sanded 20 or so of em, we are desperate to get the the hallway finished after our little DIY 'break'. The top landing is done and those black banisters are Little Greene's lovely Furnace Black, I shared the pictures a couple of months ago. The rest of the banisters are still cruddy and in need of a through sanding before they can be primed and painted. This is a horrible, messy, boring job, not one to be started unless you are totally committed.
I tell you, if I ever meet the person responsible for all the crap paint work in our house I won't be held accountable for my actions.
One of the many reasons I have been putting off getting back to sanding the banisters is because our old sander gave up the ghost, it was about ten years old. It really was well loved but quickly replaced with this little Black and Decker mouse and so far I have been quite impressed. It is just right for standing banisters and is on sale in Argos (£20.00). If you get one you need to stock up on sanding sheets though. We are using course (90 grade) sheets and buying those in a DIY store was a bit of a challenge.
The weekend wasn't all DIY; we did manage to get out for a walk and the watch a French animation film and guess what, I found a local florist who isn't moody!